WHAT: 2020 Well Naming Contest. The Town of Purcellville is completing construction on two new wells at the Suzanne Kane Nature Preserve. The wells will increase water capacity in Town by 100,000 gallons a day. These wells are located in a 12-acre nature preserve that features wetland areas and runs along the South Fork Catoctin Creek.
WHO: Anyone who lives, works, or attends school (including all schools that feed into Loudoun Valley High School and Woodgrove High School) in Purcellville, Virginia may enter.
WHEN: Deadline for entries is November 16, 2020.
HOW: Use the online form available on the Well Naming Contest link from the Events and Activities page of the Town website at www.PurcellvilleVa.gov. If students under 18 years of age submit, parents or legal guardians must sign a waiver giving permission for the submission. Only one entry per resident.
PRIZE: The winners will be recognized at a Town Council meeting and will be invited to participate in a ribbon cutting ceremony when weather and other conditions permit.
Please click the link to review contest guidelines, rules and criteria.
Please type Yes or No
Legal provides language
Please Upload Essay Here
• Proposed name for one or both of the wells (maximum of 50 characters per well)
• Essay that explains why you are proposing the name; if you are proposing names for both wells, provide a separate essay for each (maximum of 150 words for each well)
• There is a limit of one entry per resident
• One entry may be for one or both wells
• See the Guidelines for additional information about submission criteria
• Contest entry constitutes a release to the Town of Purcellville for the right to use, reproduce, publish, and display the name and/or essay without further compensation.
• An entrant who fails to comply with any of the Entry Rules or with the terms and conditions stated in the contest rules will be disqualified.
I hereby authorize the Town of Purcellville, their agents, successors and assigns, and those acting under their permission or on their authority, to use, publish, advertise, or use for any other lawful purpose whatsoever the name and essay submitted without restriction and without compensation to me or my heirs. I do hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or advertising or other copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I also certify that this submission is an original work created by me or for which I am authorized to claim responsibility and/or ownership. I have not sold or otherwise given the authority to use this contest to any other person or entity.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field