PURCELLVILLE, Va. June 1, 2021— The Town of Purcellville reminds property owners that the annual personal property tax, business personal property tax, and first half real property tax are due Monday, June 7, 2021.
The Town offers a number of easy options for paying bills:
- Payments can be dropped in the secure 24-hour drop box located on the J Street side of the Town Hall Building
- Additional on-line payment options can be found at: http://www.purcellvilleva.gov/payments.
- By Mail: 221 S. Nursery Ave., Purcellville, VA 20132
- Postmarks by June 7th are accepted as paid on time. Payments postmarked after June 7, 2021 will incur a 10% late payment penalty.
- As of June 2, 2021, modified In-person business hours Monday, Wednesday, Friday between 9:00a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Most transactions can be done virtually so please visit our website, send an email to RevenueTeam@PurcellvilleVA.gov, or call 540-338-7093. If you chose to visit, we recommend you contact us beforehand to confirm office hours.
The Town of Purcellville does not prorate personal property tax. Therefore, any vehicle housed within Town limits on January 1 of any tax year will be subject to taxes and vehicle license fee for the full year. Typically, this benefits the taxpayer as vehicle values depreciate over time and old vehicles tend to be replaced with higher value new vehicles.
If you moved out of town, sold, traded, junked or otherwise disposed of a vehicle, you must notify the Loudoun County Commissioner of Revenue at 703-777-0260 to have the vehicle removed from the tax rolls. All Purcellville bill disputes must be submitted in writing to www.purcellvilleva.gov/billdispute. The Town will verify your tax records with the County and notify you of your bill status.
The Town of Purcellville, Virginia
“Purcellville-your small Town, where history and progress intersect and people prosper,” is an award-winning town of over 10,000 residents located in Loudoun County, approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC. Having received the prestigious Siemens Sustainability Award for Small Communities, Purcellville continues to be honored for its green initiatives with most recently being the Tree City USA recipient for the 13th year. The Town was reaffirmed as a AAA rated community by S&P Global Ratings, the highest credit rating possible, and is ranked “Safest City” in Virginia in 2020. Once a stop along the W&OD rail line, which has been converted to a multi-use trail from Alexandria, VA to Purcellville, the Town has maintained its historic old-town feel through the restoration and maintenance of its many downtown structures, reflecting the Victorian architecture popular during the early 1900s. Today, Purcellville is the economic hub of western Loudoun County and a popular weekend destination for antiquing, equestrian activities, farmer’s markets, wineries, breweries, distilleries and restaurants. More info at www.purcellvilleva.gov.