PURCELLVILLE, Va. December 29, 2020 — The Town’s curbside refuse and recycling contractor, American Disposal Services, will collect Christmas Trees for recycling Wednesday, January 6th and Wednesday, January 13th.
Only natural, cut trees are eligible for collection; no artificial trees. The recycled trees will be converted into mulch.
If you wish to recycle a natural tree, remove all wires, bows, twine, lights and ornaments before placing on the curb. To ensure that your natural tree will be recycled, please follow the guidelines below:
- Remove all decorations – check carefully
- Remove all lighting, tinsel, bows, fake snow, angel hair, etc.
- Remove all twine, metal or plastic ties and string
- Do not place trees in plastic bags or “Christmas Tree Disposal Bags”
- Remove stands and bases from trees
- Place trees at the curb on Tuesday night (the night before collection day) – be sure not to block sidewalks, streets, or driveways
Loudoun County also offers Christmas Tree recycling at various drop off locations including Franklin Park, 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville (open daily, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Trees recycled through the County’s Christmas Tree Recycling program will be converted into mulch which is available for free year-round to Loudoun County residents at the Loudoun County Landfill, 21101 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg. You may visit the County’s Waste Management website for more information about the County’s Christmas Tree Recycling program loudoun.gov/recycle.