PURCELLVILLE, Va.— December 7, 2020 - Because of the continued uncertainty of the Coronavirus, in an abundance of caution and to mitigate potential spread, the Town Manager has instigated the following:
- Building Access – As of Tuesday, December 8, 2020, Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Members of the public are encouraged to contact town personnel by phone or email for any business or informational needs. All payments are encouraged to be made via check, through U.S. Mail, or the Town’s drop box located on the J Street side of the Town Hall.
Town Hall employees will remain available to provide assistance during the hours of 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, via phone and email. If an urgent need arises, on a case by case basis, staff will work with citizens to accommodate requests for in-person service. If preferred, staff can also coordinate an electronic meeting to address citizen and business needs. For assistance, please call (540) 338-7421.
- Finance-Utility Billing and Water Cut-Offs - During the continued declaration of local emergency, the Town will not cut-off any service for non-payment of water and sewer bills. For any citizen who has difficulty in paying for utility services, the Town will offer payment plans to assist those in need. For assistance you may call (540) 338-7093, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm., Monday – Friday.
- US Mail: 221 South Nursery Avenue, Purcellville, VA 20132
- 24-Hour Drop Box: A payment drop box is located on the south side of
the Town Office adjacent to the J Street side parking lot.
For Additional Payment Options visit: www.purcellvilleva.gov/payments
Utility and Tax service inquiries may be directed via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Council and Committee, Commission and Board Meetings – All meetings will be held via GoTo Meeting until further notice. Instructions for access to meetings will be posted on the Town's website.
While we may not be conducting business as we have in the past, our entire team is committed to providing an exceptional level of service delivery across all departments. Each member of our professional team stands ready to rise above any obstacle, barrier or constraint to provide continuity of operations and assist in ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our residents and our business community.
Lastly, as the public is aware, our most important resource is the men and women who continually provide the highest level of dedication and commitment to make this Purcellville community one of the greatest towns in the state. It is important to remember, these restrictions are being put in place not only to protect our community but also to ensure that we protect the health, safety and welfare of all of the Town’s employees so they may continue to effectively respond during the length of this crisis.