PURCELLVILLE, Va. July 31, 2020— The Town of Purcellville will have Business Interruption Grant applications available soon.
The Purcellville Town Council recognizes the significant economic hardship Town businesses are experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of the $891,932 Federal CARES Act funding received by the Town, over $600,000 has been allocated by the Town Council for the establishment of grant programs to provide support for business interruption and to support local non-profits.
Business Interruption Grants will be the first program rolled out by the Town. The support to local non-profit grant program will be introduced in early September.
To be eligible for a Business Interruption Grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- For-profit business, operating from a physical location within the Town of Purcellville before March 1, 2020
- Must be current on all Town taxes, licenses, and permits as of the grant submission date
- Have a maximum of 50 hourly or salaried employees
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 25% business interruption or loss in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Less than $2.5 million in annual gross receipts, for the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years
- Home based businesses are eligible to apply
The grant program and webpage are under construction. We recommend interested businesses use this time to begin compiling information to demonstrate business interruption or loss in revenue, as a result of COVID-19. The application and additional information, to include grant terms and conditions, will be available on the Town website, once published.
The Town remains dedicated to providing relief and support to the local business community and we are committed to executing the Town’s Business Interruption Grants in the most expedient manner possible. More details to come.