PURCELLVILLE, Va. May 6, 2020— Per the Virginia Governor’s executive order, the Town of Purcellville elections originally scheduled for May 5, 2020 were moved by two weeks and rescheduled to occur on May 19, 2020. The Town of Purcellville petitioned the Supreme Court of Virginia to move the election an additional 16 days to June 4, 2020, and the request was granted. Please note this will be a Thursday election. The June 4, 2020 Town elections will be held at the Bush Tabernacle, 250 S. Nursery Avenue.
For your health and safety, voters are encouraged to cast absentee ballots. Citizens seeking to vote absentee in the June 4 election can:
- apply for an absentee ballot online through the Virginia Dept. of Elections no later than Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- absentee vote in person curbside only at the Office of Elections, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite C, Leesburg, Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. The last day to vote absentee in person is Saturday, May 30, 2020. The Office of Elections and Voter Registration will also be open Saturday, May 16 for curbside absentee voting from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. (no advance application needed to vote absentee in person)
- request an absentee ballot by mail - download, complete and sign the Absentee Ballot Application Form and return it the registrar’s office by mail to Voter Registration Office, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite C, Leesburg, VA 20175, by fax to 703-777-0622 or scanned attachment to an email to the Office of Elections at email@example.com – ballots must be received by 7:00 PM on election day in order to be counted.
Voters who choose the absentee option by mail should do so as soon as possible to receive the ballot in time to return it by mail by 7:00 PM on election day.
Voters who have already cast their absentee ballots do not need to reapply due to the election date change. Your ballots will be counted.
Loudoun County election officials encourage voters to stay informed by:
- Texting LCVOTES to 888777 to receive text alerts from the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration
- Signing up for Election Update category in Alert Loudoun, the county’s email and text notification system
- Visit Loudoun.gov/vote.
- Follow the Office of Elections and Voter Registration on Facebook and Twitter