PURCELLVILLE, Va. March 17, 2020 — On March 16, 2020, the Town Manager declared a local emergency, which requires the concurrence and ratification by the Mayor and the Town Council within 45 days. This discussion/action will be held during the Town Council Work Session scheduled on Tuesday, March 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM at Town Hall.
To help limit the impact of COVID-19, the Town of Purcellville has decided to cancel its planned events and activities from March 16 through May 8, 2020. This includes the following:
- Town-wide Clean Up, March 21
- Nature Walk, March 29
- Youth band auditions for the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival, April 2
- Purcellville Music and Arts Festival, April 25
- Nature Walk, April 26
This decision is based on the interim guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Town events and activities listed above will not be rescheduled due to the uncertainty of the situation. Toward the end of the 8-week period, the Town will review Federal, state, and local health guidelines and information to make a decision about events and activities that are planned after May 8, 2020. The health and safety of our residents and visitors is our highest priority.
The Town encourages residents to continue to take steps to help limit the spread of COVID-19 with the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and other people
Stay informed about COVID-19 with information available on the following links:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention