PURCELLVILLE, Va. December 17, 2019 – As a reminder, with the regularly scheduled trash and recycling days falling on the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, collection has been rescheduled. Collection will be Saturday, December 28 (reschedule for Christmas Day) and Saturday, January 4 (reschedule for New Year’s Day).
The Town’s curbside refuse and recycling contractor, American Disposal Services, will collect Christmas trees for recycling on the rescheduled collection days, Saturday, December 28 and January 4. Please note, trees with decorations, wire, tinsel, lights and tree bags will not be eligible for recycling.
To ensure that your tree will be recycled, please follow the guidelines below:
- Remove all decorations from trees – check carefully for hidden items
- Remove all lighting, tinsel, fake snow, angel hair, etc.
- Remove all twine, metal or plastic ties and string
- Do not place trees in plastic bags or “Christmas Tree Disposal Bags”
- Remove stands and bases from trees
- Place trees at the curb on Tuesday night (the night before collection day) – be sure not to block sidewalks, streets, or driveways
Late December through mid-January, Loudoun County offers Christmas tree recycling at various drop off locations including Franklin Park. Please visit their website for further information: www.loudoun.gov/398/Recycling.
Additionally, the Town of Purcellville would like to remind residents that Town offices will be closed for the Christmas holiday, December 24th and December 25th as well as New Year’s Day, January 1, 2020.