PURCELLVILLE, VA, October 30, 2019 – With a “tricky” forecast expected Thursday night October 31st, and the safety of everyone participating being the highest priority, the Town has added Friday, November 1st, as a second night for trick-or-treating. We are asking that parents use their judgement in determining whether Thursday is safe for their families to be out.
Residents should expect trick-or-treaters on Thursday, October 31 and on Friday, November 1 from dusk until 9:00 PM.
For a safe trick-or-treating night, parents should also remember to:
- Check all treats to ensure they are sealed.
- Carry a flashlight and wear reflective clothing.
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure shoes fit well and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with a flame.
- If you have a security camera, make sure it’s pointed at the front door.
- Stay on sidewalks and cross streets when safe at intersections and crosswalks.