NEWS RELEASE Contact: Amie Ware, Parks & Recreation Division Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE email@example.com; 540-751-2350
Purcellville Arts Council Announces a Call to Local Artists to
Participate in Arts in the Garden at the Purcellville Wine and Food Festival
PURCELLVILLE, VA. June 3, 2019 – The Purcellville Arts Council is seeking local artists to demonstrate en plein air for “Arts in the Garden” during the Purcellville Wine and Food Festival on Saturday, July 13, 2019. The Purcellville Arts Council would like to have four artists per 2-hour block from 2 to 8 p.m. The festival is held outdoors at Dillon’s Woods. Participating artists are responsible for bringing all their supplies (including materials, table, chair, and tent). Volunteers will be available to help get supplies to and from the area. The application to participate is online, located on the Purcellville Arts Council page of the Town’s website.
Here is information for artists about Arts in the Garden:
- The deadline for entries is July 5, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- There is no vendor fee.
- Artists may bring up to 4 pieces of art to show while they are demonstrating.
- Artists may not have their art for sale in this area.
- The primary purpose is for art demonstrations.
- Artists may sign up for more than one block of time.
- The final schedule will be determined by the Purcellville Arts Council and Town staff; it will be provided to participating artists the week of the festival.
- Artists should arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled start time to allow for set up.
- Submission of work for this exhibit will be construed as acceptance of all conditions, including using photos and information to promote Arts in the Garden on the festival website and on social media.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own work. No individual or entity connected with the exhibit will be responsible for loss or damage, regardless of the cause.
- The festival is outside; artists will need to be prepared to be outside and provide their own table, chairs, and tent.
- If you have questions, please contact Amie Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information, visit www.PurcellvilleWineAndFood.com and follow the Purcellville Wine and Food Festival on Facebook.
The Town of Purcellville, Virginia
Purcellville is an award-winning town of over 9,000 residents located in Loudoun County, approximately 40 miles west of Washington, DC. Having received the prestigious Siemens Sustainability Award for Small Communities, Purcellville continues to be honored for its green initiatives with most recently being the Tree City USA recipient for the 10th year. The Town was reaffirmed as a AAA rated community by S&P Global Ratings, the highest credit rating possible, and is recognized as one of the safest towns in Virginia. Once a stop along the W&OD rail line, Purcellville has maintained its historic old-town feel through the restoration and maintenance of its many downtown structures, reflecting the Victorian architecture popular during the early 1900s. Today, Purcellville is the economic hub of western Loudoun County and a popular weekend destination for antiquing, entertainment, farmer’s markets, wineries, breweries, distilleries and restaurants. More info at www.purcellvilleva.gov.