PURCELLVILLE, VA. December 4, 2018 – The deadline for the second half real property tax has been extended to Thursday, December 6, 2018. The change of due date is in accordance with VA State Code § 58.1-8. Due to the proclamation of a national day of mourning on December 5th for the passing of President George H.W. Bush, the U.S. Postal Service and federal agencies will be closed.
Payments postmarked after December 6, 2018 will incur a 10% penalty.
The Town of Purcellville will be open for normal business on Wednesday, December 5th. The Town offers a number of easy options for paying bills:
- Online: https://www.officialpayments.com
- Service subject to convenience fees payable to third party payment vendor
- Local Payments Option; Jurisdiction Code 6233
- Drop Box: 24 hour drop box at Town Hall located on the south side of the building (adjacent to J Street)
- In person: Town Hall business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays.
- By Mail: Town of Purcellville, 221 S. Nursery Ave., Purcellville, VA 20132
- Additional information can be found at: http://www.purcellvilleva.gov/payments.
Please contact the Finance Department at 540-338-7093 with any questions.