PURCELLVILLE, Va. April 7, 2017- In support of the many artists living and working in the area, the Purcellville Arts Council announces an art exhibit in conjunction with the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival on Saturday, May 20, 2017. The art exhibition will be located in the Bush Tabernacle. All artists, professional or hobbyists, are encouraged to enter so that the exhibit will reflect the area’s diverse and rich cultural presence.
This year the artwork can be sold when the artist is contacted directly by the purchaser. Purcellville Arts Council and festival volunteers will not be handling any sales transactions.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: 5:00pm on May 5, 2017
- JURORS: Artwork is juried for acceptance to the show only - there will be no competition this year.
- ELIGIBILITY: Everyone is eligible and encouraged to submit their best work, no more than two submissions per artist. Work must be original and created solely by the artist. All work must be appropriate to display at a family oriented festival.
- MEDIA AND SIZE: Paintings, Photographs & Drawings: May not exceed three feet in any direction. Work must be framed and wired for hanging. Artwork that does not have wire for hanging will not be accepted. 3D, Quilts, and Sculpture: May not exceed six feet in any direction. Textiles must be prepared for hanging. Sculpture must have a stable base and be able to sit on a table or an artist-provided stand. Artist must be able to carry artwork into building for placement (there will be no additional labor or hand-trucks available).
- FEE: There is no fee for submitted artwork.
- SUBMISSIONS: Submit your entries and upload a digital image of each piece in
- JPG format. Digital file must include the artist’s last name and part of the title – example: Smith_Flowersinvase.jpg. and send to: email@example.com . Photos of artwork may be mailed to: PMAF Art Show/ 221 S Nursery Ave/ Purcellville VA 20132. Artwork is accepted on a first-come basis as space is limited. Submissions may be declined once capacity has been reached. Pieces chosen for the show must be delivered to the Bush Tabernacle (skating rink) between 8am and 9:30am on Saturday, May 20, 2017 and picked up at the end of the festival at 7 PM on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Any pieces left on the property after 7:30 PM will be donated to charity. No art will be received or returned by mail.
- SALES: Artwork can be sold when the artist is contacted directly by the purchaser. Purcellville Arts Council and festival volunteers will not execute sales transactions. Each artist must make their contact information available if artwork is for sale. A business card or index card with contact information should be made available to those interested in purchasing any artwork.
- LIABILITIES: Submission of work for this exhibit will be construed as acceptance of all conditions. Artists are responsible for insuring their own work. No individual or entity connected with the exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage however caused.
- CONTACT: For questions regarding the show, please email Hibah Salah firstname.lastname@example.org.