- Events & Activities
- Things To Do - Events and Activities in Purcellville
- Celebrate Purcellville
- General Information
- Directory of Participating Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
- Participation Information for Businesses and Non-Profits
Join Us to Celebrate Purcellville!
The third annual Celebrate Purcellville was held October 2 - 8, 2023. See photos from all of the fun activities on the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Facebook page!
This week-long, town-wide event highlights local businesses, non-profits, artists, and performers. Here is the schedule for the second annual Celebrate Purcellville:
October 2 - 8, 2023 - Town-wide
- PASSPORT to participating businesses and organizations (click on the Directory of Participating Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations tab above for details)
- TOWN-WIDE SCAVENGER HUNT with 12 clues for 12 locations; find the clues in the passport
- NATURE TRIVIA WALK at the Chapman DeMary Trail
- STORYBOOK TRAILS WALK at the Suzanne R. Kane Nature Preserve
- Pick up a passport at:
- Purcellville Town Hall (221 S. Nursery Avenue)
- Purcellville Library (220 E. Main Street)
- Bush Tabernacle (250 S. Nursery Ave)
- Participating businesses and organizations
- You may also download and print your own copy!
October 8, 2023 - Celebrate Purcellville Finale in Dillon's Woods from Noon to 5 p.m.
- Live music!
- Face painting!
- Recognition of the Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company!
- Recognition of the Purcellville Garden Club!
- Recognition of the Purcellville Library
- Book signing by a local author!
- Unveiling of the Billy Pierce signs!
- A chance to get more stickers in your passport!
- Passport drop off from noon to 3 p.m.!
- Prize drawings for completed passports (you have to be there to win) at 3:45 p.m.
Prizes for Passports Turned in with 20 or More Stickers
Get 20 or more stickers in your Celebrate Purcellville Passport, get at least 6 of the scavenger hunt clues, and/or 6 of the nature trivia walk answers, and turn the passport or associated sheet in between noon and 3 p.m. on October 8 during the finale, and you'll have a chance to one of the prize packages!
Celebrate Purcellville is co-hosted by the Town of Purcellville and the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Remember that the Town-wide tag sale is happening on Saturday, October 7 and will be a great chance to visit a lot of the participating businesses!
Looking for Artists to Help Celebrate Purcellville!
As part of Celebrate Purcellville, the Purcellville Arts Council and the Train Station Advisory Board are co-sponsoring two contests to celebrate the Purcellville Train Station! See below for more information.
Purcellville Train Station Logo Contest
The goal is to have a logo created for the Purcellville Train Station to help brand the historic building which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The winning logo will be used online, in videos, on print materials, on merchandise, and for other purposes. The winner of this logo contest will receive $500.
Celebrating the History of the Purcellville Train Station Art Contest for Students
The theme of the art contest is “Celebrating the History of the Purcellville Train Station.” The contest is part of the annual Celebrate Purcellville event, and winning art will be displayed at the 2024 Purcellville Music and Arts Festival.
Volunteer to Help with Celebrate Purcellville!
We are looking for volunteers to help on Sunday, October 8th! We need help with the following:
- Run the "carnival" games
- Survey the attendees
- Clean up
If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up here.
2023 Celebrate Purcellville Sponsors
BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT ARE
PARTICIPATING IN THE 2023 CELEBRATE PURCELLVILLE!
Download a copy of the 2023 Celebrate Purcellville Passport or pick up a printed version at one of the following:
- Purcellville Town Hall (221 S. Nursery Ave)
- Bush Tabernacle (250 S. Nursery Ave)
- Purcellville Library (220 E Main St)
- Any of the participating businesses/organizations below.
How Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations Participate in Celebrate Purcellville
We encourage businesses with a current Purcellville business license and non-profits located within the incorporated limits to help us Celebrate Purcellville and register to be included in the Celebrate Purcellville Passport. Participation is FREE! The agreements for participation are listed below.
Participating Businesses and Non-profit Organizations
- The deadline for Purcellville businesses and non-profits to register is September 16, 2023. APPLY ONLINE!
- Stamp the Celebrate Purcellville Passports when presented during the week of October 2 - 8, 2023 (stickers will be provided).
- Display a flyer to indicate that your business or non-profit is participating in Celebrate Purcellville (flyer will be provided).
- Promote Celebrate Purcellville on website and social media.
- Have a special offer or giveaway for people who visit to get a sticker to encourage them to come back again
- Donate an item to be used as a prize for winners of the drawings of completed (minimum number of stamps) Celebrate Purcellville Passports
- Food vendors with a Purcellville business license that would like to participate during the finale of Celebrate Purcellville on October 8 from noon to 5 p.m. may apply online.
Town of Purcellville
- Update the Celebrate Purcellville page on the Town website.
- List participating businesses and non-profits on the Celebrate Purcellville page of the Town website.
- Create a Celebrate Purcellville Passport that lists the participating businesses and non-profits, and their addresses.
- Create and implement a marketing plan to promote Celebrate Purcellville.
- Provide Celebrate Purcellville flyers to participating businesses and non-profit organizations to display.
- Provide stickers to participating businesses and non-profit organizations for the Celebrate Purcellville Passports.
- Provide copies of the Celebrate Purcellville Passport to the participating businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Host the finale with live music, food, drink, and activities.