- Events & Activities
- Things To Do - Events and Activities in Purcellville
- Purcellville Bike and Safety Day
Purcellville Bike and Safety Day
The Purcellville Bike and Safety Day was held on Saturday, May 14 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.! Activities were held at the Loudoun Valley High School (LVHS) parking lot (340 N. Maple Ave) and the Purcellville Safety Center (500 N. Maple Ave). Purcellville Bike and Safety Day is jointly hosted by the Purcellville Police Department, the Town of Purcellville Parks and Recreation, the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, the Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company, and the Purcellville Volunteer Rescue Squad. The events included the following:
9:00 a.m. at the LVHS parking lot
- Pedal Purcellville is a family fun ride and bike decorating contest
- Prizes were be awarded for the top three winners of the bike decorating contest
- Family-fun ride started at 10:30 a.m.
- Participation in the Pedal Purcellville family fun ride and bicycle decorating contest required registration.
Bike Safety Rodeo
9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. at the LVHS parking lot
- The Bike Safety Rodeo helps children learn and practice bicycle safety skills
- Activities included helmet fittings (free helmets will be given to those who do not have one), basic bicycle safety checks, and an on-bicycle safety obstacle course.
- Upon completion of each safety station, each child received an official “Bicycle License” and a coupon for a free treat from Chick-fil-A.
Public Safety Day
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Purcellville Safety Center
- A celebration of both National Police Week and EMS Week with a fun day of exploration and learning.
- Activities included meet and greet with state, county, and local first responders; displays of police, fire, and rescue apparatus; demonstrations; activities; bouncy house; petting of therapy animals; and treats for children. Lunch will be available for purchase as a fundraiser for the Purcellville Volunteer Rescue Squad.
- The following agencies participated: American Red Cross, Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS), Leesburg Police Department, Boulder Crest Foundation, and the Virginia State Police with their Distracted Driving Program.
Thank you to all our sponsors who have donated prizes and to Bicycles and Coffee for providing staffing for the bicycle safety checks. Our sponsors include Chick-fil-A, Hamilton Mercantile, Bicycles and Coffee, and Velo Classique.