FY 2021 Budget
The Town's fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The budget, as adopted by the Town Council, is the guide of Town operations for the year, to include funding priorities. The budget development process begins in the fall and is refined over the winter, and the proposed budget is presented by the Town Manager to the Town Council in March. During the subsequent weeks and months, the Town Council will review the proposed budget, make amendments as desired, and adopt a budget prior to June 30. As part of each budget, the Town Council approves a set of taxes and fees to pay for operations throughout the year.
The budget development calendar details the internal schedule of the various tasks that need to take place, on a monthly basis, in order to prepare and adopt the FY 2021 Budget consistent with the Code of Virginia.
Budget Work Sessions and Meetings
The Town Council will hold a series of special meetings to deliberate the proposed budget. Documents and audio recordings will be provided when available.
2019 Calendar Year:
- October 15, 2019, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session – Town Council Work Session – Stantec Utility Rate Study
- October 28, 2019, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session – Town Council Work Session – Stantec Utility Rate Study
2020 Calendar Year:
- March 18, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session – Town Manager Presents the Proposed FY21 Budget
- March 26, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session
- April 1, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session
- April 22, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session
- May 6, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session
- May 26, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session – Potential Budget Adoption by Town Council
- June 9, 2020, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session – Town Council Budget Adoption
Citizens can provide input to the Town Council in a number of ways:
• Email the Town Council at this link: Click here!
• Call the Town and leave comments for Council at: 540-338-7421
• Attend a Regular Council Meeting (usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, check the Master Calendar) and speak during Citizen Comment Time
• Click this link to fill out a form to send your comments to Council. Click here!
• Visit the Town's "Community Voice" portal and engage with fellow citizens on ways to improve the budget!