FY 2020 Budget
The Town's fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The budget, as adopted by the Town Council, is the guide of Town operations for the year, to include funding priorities. The budget development process begins in the fall and is refined over the winter, and the proposed budget is presented by the Town Manager to the Town Council in March. During the subsequent weeks and months, the Town Council will review the proposed budget, make amendments as desired, and adopt a budget prior to June 30. As part of each budget, the Town Council approves a set of taxes and fees to pay for operations throughout the year.
The budget development calendar details the internal schedule of the various tasks that need to take place, on a monthly basis, in order to prepare and adopt the FY 2020 Budget consistent with the Code of Virginia.
- March 26, 2019 7:00pm Town Council Meeting
- April 9, 2019 7:00pm Town Council Meeting
Budget Work Sessions and Meetings
The Town Council will hold a series of special meetings to deliberate the proposed budget. Documents and audio recordings will be provided when available.
- FY20 Council Decision Matrix
- March 20, 2019, 7:00pm Budget Work Session – Town Manager Presents the Proposed FY20 Budget
- March 28, 2019, 7:00pm Budget Work Session- Public Works Presentations
- April 3, 2019, 7:00pm Budget Work Session- Community Development & Police Department Presentations
- April 25, 2019, 7:00pm Budget Work Session- Administration, Finance, IT and Parks & Rec Presentations
- May 1, 2019, 7:00pm Budget Work Session- Long-Range Planning Presentations
- Agenda Packet
- Davenport Presentation - General Fund Financial Planning Update
- Stantec Presentation - Utility Funds Financial Planning Update
- Meeting Recording Link
June 5, 2019, 7:00 PM Budget Work Session- Long-Range Planning Presentations
- Agenda Packet
- Meeting Recording Link Forthcoming
Citizens can provide input to the Town Council in a number of ways:
• Email the Town Council at this link: Click here!
• Call the Town and leave comments for Council at: 540-338-7421
• Attend a Regular Council Meeting (usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, check the Master Calendar) and speak during Citizen Comment Time
• Click this link to fill out a form to send your comments to Council. Click here!
• Visit the Town's "Community Voice" portal and engage with fellow citizens on ways to improve the budget!