Payment Plans for Delinquent Utility Bills
Payment Plan Policy - You Must Read and Agree to This
PAYMENT PLAN POLICY FOR WATER AND SEWER BILLS
TOWN OF PURCELLVILLE
The purpose of this policy is to provide the utility customer with a means to extend the amount of time they may pay their bill prior to service disconnect.
A PARTIAL PAYMENT PLAN MAY BE ESTABLISHED AT ANYTIME PRIOR TO 10AM ON THE CUT OFF DATE.
This will allow a customer more time to pay their bill. However, the customer should be aware that this plan does not allow them to avoid penalties on the delinquent account balance or reconnect fees. The payment schedule for partial payment plans will be established at time of request but may not exceed 30 days following cut off day or service will be disconnected. The following rules will apply to partial payment plans:
- a) The partial payment must be a minimum amount of ¼ of the total bill due.
- b) Staff will give the customer a copy of this policy and their partial payment plan that details payments and important dates. Each customer is responsible for ensuring that they follow these guidelines to avoid service disconnection.
- c) If the account is not paid in full on the due date, the customer will be responsible for the penalty amount that accrues on the unpaid account balance. Establishment of a partial payment plan does not allow the customer to avoid the 10% late payment penalty on outstanding balances.
- d) Any outstanding balance must be paid in accordance with the established payment plan or service will be disconnected and an additional full reconnect fee will accrue. It is each customer’s responsibility to pay by this date. No notice will be sent to the customer prior to disconnection.
- e) The Director of Finance has the discretion to negotiate an extended payment plan for catastrophic cases.
Payment Plan Form
By filling out the form, I affirm that I have read the Policy and agree to the terms stated therein.
Payment Plan Form