- Committees, Commissions and Boards
- Committees, Commissions & Boards
- Purcellville Arts Council
Purcellville Arts Council
The Purcellville Arts Council supports visual and performing arts in the Town of Purcellville. The Purcellville Arts Council works to offer local artists more opportunities to share their art with the public while providing residents with a variety of ways to experience, enjoy, and learn about art.
To contact the members of the Purcellville Arts Council, please use email@example.com.
Unless otherwise noted, the Purcellville Arts Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at Town Hall. Please check the agenda center for latest meeting agenda.
- Art at Town Hall through which local artists are featured for one to three months with their art on display for the public to view. The Purcellville Arts Council is pleased to present works by artists at the Carver Senior Center from November 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023. The public is invited to view the show during regular Town Hall office hours (Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. except holidays). A Meet the Artist Reception is planned for Monday, January 9, 2023 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Over the past several years, members of Carver Senior Center have honed their skills as watercolorists with the gentle guidance of renowned artist Alice Power. The Purcellville Arts Council is pleased to partner with the Carver Center to exhibit creations by several of Alice’s students as part of its Art in Town Hall program, including: Alice Power, Angela Giraldi, Bobbi Cowley, Bud Klein, Debra Bourget, Diane Raitt, E. Landon Delaney, Elinor Hunter, Howard Evans, Judy Ferguson, Katharina Pavlov Arnhold, Lillian Miller, Nancy Noerpel, Susan Rowand, Theresa “Tree” Kennedy, Watts Lohmann Sr., Yvonne Burgan, and Yvonne Keel Local artists who are interested in having their work on display at Town Hall may apply online with three samples of their work.
- Cabin Fever Film Festival is a small film festival co-sponsored by the Purcellville Arts Council and the Franklin Park Visual and Performing Arts Center. This year's festival will be held January 27 and 28 at the Franklin Park Visual and Performing Arts Center. Get more details!
- Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Grant Program provides financial support for local visual and performing arts programs. The Purcellville Arts Council requests proposals from local non-profit art organizations to potentially be included in the Town's grant proposal to the Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Program. Apply online by March 5, 2023.
- Jim "Doc" Wiley Leadership in the Arts Award, named for Dr. James Wiley, beloved family dentist, former Town Council member, and long-time supporter of art and artists in Purcellville, the award is intended to recognize an individual or organization in the greater Purcellville area for making a significant impact on the arts in the community. Past recipients of the award include Discover Purcellville (2018), Karlah Louis (2019), Elizabeth Bracey (2020), Huyen MacMichael and Jessica Marshall of the DaVinci Art Studios (2021).
- Purcellville Artisan Tour, during which local artisans put out the welcome mat the first weekend of November Artisans who are located in Purcellville will open their studios, art-related venues, agri-artisan businesses as well as points of interest spots for demonstrations, tours, and pre-holiday sales. Get more details.
- Art in Public Spaces including banners featuring art by local students.
- Art Hall at the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival is a display of local artists’ work and hands-on art activities for the public.
- Quilts in Town Council Chambers features the beauty and artistry of quilts made in western Loudoun County.
- Art Murals in Town brings art from the private to the public sphere, add visual and aesthetic value to the community, provide a medium to display the history and culture of the Town, and enhance the character of Purcellville.