PURCELLVILLE, VA. March 17, 2017 - The Purcellville Arts Council is calling on all area artists to participate in rotating exhibits to be held in Town Hall. Each show will last three months, beginning April 1, 2017, and will be located in the first floor exhibit area. The Town Hall building has been fitted with the installation of new lighting and a hanging system in the hallways. This enables local artists to exhibit their work to be viewed by all visitors to the building. The Purcellville Arts Council serves to enhance and enrich the lives of local residents and visitors by promoting and supporting the visual and performing arts.
Exhibit Details and Instructions
1. Any 2-D artist living or working in the Purcellville area may apply.
2. Each artist may submit digital images of no more than three (3) works to be considered by the jury. Each high-quality JPEG or PNG format image should be emailed separately with the title of the work, the medium, approximate dimensions, and the sales price for the piece. Images should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line as referenced "Purcellville Town Hall Exhibit." If digital images are unavailable, photos of artwork may be mailed to Purcellville Arts Council, Purcellville Town Hall, 221 S. Nursery Avenue, Purcellville, VA 20132.
3. Works will be reviewed by a jury (comprised of non-PAC members) and selected for their aesthetic excellence and their suitability for exhibition in a public facility. Maximum combined total dimensions are 128 inches and must weight under 20 pounds.
4. As Purcellville Town Hall now has a professional-level hanging system and lighting, accepted artists must have all works ready to hang with screw eyes and wire upon delivery. Work without wires will NOT be accepted in the exhibit. No clip frames or sawtooth hangers will be allowed. Please label the back of each piece with your name, the title, medium, the price of the piece. Artwork to be hung and then removed by the artist at the end of the three month-long exhibit.
5. Artists to prepare a list of artwork exhibited. The list may contain the title, the medium and the price (or NFS if Not For Sale). The artist's bio (CV) must also be posted. Artists may display business cards if so desired. All sales of artwork will be between the artist and the buyer. The Town of Purcellville will not be involved in any sales transaction of said artwork.
6. Selected artwork must be delivered, according to the display schedule, to the Purcellville Town Hall building located at 221 South Nursery Avenue, Purcellville, VA 20132. Artists are solely responsible for the transportation and insurance of their work. The Town of Purcellville shall be held harmless in the event of loss or damage. The participating artist will be required to sign a waiver indicating acceptance of these terms.