FY 2019 Budget
The Town's fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The budget, as adopted by the Town Council, is the guide of Town operations for the year, to include funding priorities. The budget development process begins in the fall and is refined over the winter, and the proposed budget is presented by the Town Manager to the Town Council in March. During the subsequent weeks and months, the Town Council will review the proposed budget, make amendments as desired, and adopt a budget prior to June 30. As part of each budget, the Town Council approves a set of taxes and fees to pay for operations throughout the year.
FY 2019 Budget Calendar link here.
Proposed Budget Document
The Town’s FY 2019 Budget Document will be released on March 21, 2019.
Budget Work Sessions and Public Hearings
The Town Council will hold meetings on the budget on the following dates. Documents and audio recordings will be provided when available.
Citizens can provide input to the Town Council in a number of ways:
• Email the Town Council at this link: Click here!
• Call the Town and leave comments for Council at: 540-338-7421
• Attend a Regular Council Meeting (usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, check the Master Calendar) and speak during Citizen Comment Time
• Click this link to fill out a form to send your comments to Council. Click here!
• Visit the Town's "Community Voice" portal and engage with fellow citizens on ways to improve the budget!
Prior Year Adopted Budgets
Find the Town's adopted budgets dating back to Fiscal Year 2004 at this link.